Tuesday, June 18, 2013

boatyard cocktails @ the sunset grille, norwalk


everyone should have cocktails in a boatyard at least once. 
i, for one, will be at this particular boatyard a ridiculous number of times this summer until they close.

http://sunsetgrille.net/

denison in the real world



As a Midwesterner on the East Coast, I tend to notice & adore nouns that are part of everyday life for the average friend or acquaintance here. A sunset in a marina, a bowl of fresh mussels, the occasional whiff of the sea, cheap oysters, & the relatively close proximity of…everything. 

One place that immediately captured my heart is this restaurant called Sunset Grille in Norwalk. It’s seasonal, has fantastically fresh seafood, good drinks (I loved the Nantucket Lemonade) and – this is the best part – is smack dab in the middle of a marina. I must have driven around the whole of Calf Pasture Beach before figuring out I had to drive through a boatyard. It’s been busy each time I’ve gone, which doesn’t surprise me. We sat there for a few hours, right through a beautiful sunset. Seriously – boats, sunsets, seafood & outdoors? This has got to be the gem of Norwalk. 

Well, now I just want to go there. 1pm drinks anyone?




bisous xo

No comments:

Post a Comment